Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bloggers

I have been so busy working that I've had no time to blog.  I kind of missed it.   Truthfully, it's great therapy to just write about anything.  I used to keep a journal when I was in college and I loved it!  It was my quiet time to gather my thoughts of the day, or the week if I didn't write in it every day.  I was not as dedicated as my roommate was about journaling, but I wrote in it more than I thought I would.


My family and I have been in our new home for less than a year and I had some boxes that I needed to go through and I finally did when my Mother was looking for things to sell at her upcoming yard sale.  Instead of finding old clothes, I found my college journals!  First, they made me feel old.  Then when I started reading them I realized that the little things that bothered me back then don't mean as much to me know.  It also occurred to me that I hadn't blogged in a while . . . so here is what I've been up to.  I've ran into a lot of new blogs that I have enjoyed reading and new things in the blogs that may interest some of you...so here they are:



  • Looking for a great cutting tool?  Jennifer at Jenora Soaps seems to like it.  She may have inspired me to purchase it.   Check it out:  http://jenorasoaps.blogspot.com/.  She even gives you a link where you can purchase it.   Her blog is awesome.


  • Missouri River Soaps is a great blog as well.  Holly is so creative and makes lovely products.  She also has videos which have inspired me to make one myself.  That will come out some day!  Here is her link:  http://missouririversoap.blogspot.com/



Somehow, these ladies have inspired me, by reminding me how good it feels to create.  Whether it's a cutter that you love or a new creation you'll hope others will love.  The beauty of expressing yourself through art is self motivation.  So, I am a little late creating my new fall soap line, but I am working my butt off doing it.  I've been wanting to tweak my soap recipe, so I've been doing that this week and hopefully this weekend or even tomorrow I will start to measure my oils and start making my fall line.  I will be experimenting with the "in the mold oven method".  We will see how that turns out.  So I will keep you posted. 


For those of you who have helped me in the last couple of months, if I have not already told you...Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I have loved these special orders, but they have been overwhelming when you put them together with the activity I have had in my daytime job.  Here are a few pictures of my special order creations for you to enjoy!




300 "Princess Stephanie" Soaps, 300 Body Lotion & 300 Lip Balm



50 Soy Candles for Baby Lilian Rose

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words! Great looking products, the packaging is so cute!

    ReplyDelete